Archival research and professional genealogy
Client list includes: television series (including “Good Girls Revolt” and “Who Do You Think You Are?”), authors (print and web), law firms, historical societies (including the Texas Supreme Court Historical Society), marketing firms, nonprofit organizations, filmmakers, private investigators, developers, and individuals (including one client for more than 15 years), 1993-present.
Personal and community histories
• Voices of the Violet Crown project, 2003-present. Founder/writer/designer/webmaster.
• Voices of the Violet Crown oral history project, 2007-2011. Interviewer/co-producer.
• Friends of Brentwood Park oral history project, 2010-2011. Interviewer/co-producer.
• Texas Association of Counties Past Presidents’ Oral History Project, 2009. Interviewer/co-producer.
• Mr. Rube: Reuben Henry Grant, 2016. Editor/designer.
• Jim and Cora Dial: From Altamont to Aztec, 2008. Editor/designer.
• Miss Emma, 2006. Editor/designer.
• From Abercrombie to the Violet Crown, history exhibit and booklet, 2003-present. Researcher/writer/designer.
• Julius Franklin Howell, historical multimedia presentation, 2005. Researcher/writer/designer/audio compiler.
• The Bodacious Women, historical multimedia presentation, 2003. Researcher/writer/designer/audio compiler.
Austin American-Statesman, 2009; Association of Professional Genealogists, Oral History Association, Society of American Archivists Oral History Section (page 4), Texas State Genealogical Society, Inc., and Story Circle Network, 2012; Brentwood Neighborhood Association, 2015 (page 3); Crestview Neighborhood Association, 2008-2015 (most recent article here); and Texas Oral History Association, 2010.
Mary Faye Barnes Award for Excellence in Community History Projects, Texas Oral History Association, 2009 (with Rob Burneson).
Association of Professional Genealogists, Texas Oral History Association.
• Contributor, City of Austin Community Character in a Box, Crestview neighborhood, 2014
• Presenter (with Rob Burneson), Thomas Baker Slick Memorial Library, Southwest Research Institute, 2013.
• Webmaster, Friends of Brentwood Park, 2012-2013.
• Member, Leadership Team, Friends of Brentwood Park, 2010-2012.
• Judge; Oral History Documentary Award; Texas History Day; 2009, 2011, and 2012.
• Member, Executive Committee, Crestview Neighborhood Association, 2010-2011.
• Member, Newsletter Committee, Crestview Neighborhood Association, 2008-2011.
• Co-founder and event volunteer (Community Tent coordinator and publicist), Violet Crown Festival, 2003-2010.
• Founding board member, Project ClayPlay, 2007-2009.
• Founding board member, Violet Crown Community Works, 2003-2007.
• Silent auction volunteer, Empty Bowl Project, 1997-2007.
• Member, Review Board, City of Austin Grant for Technology Opportunities Program, 2004.
• Family reunion organizer; Burneson/Schuessler/Vaughn/Winkel families, 1995, 1997, and 2000;
Campbell/Smith/Stout families, 1998; Pillers/Kenner families, 2000.
• Researcher and writer; Campbell and Stout family histories, 2000; Haynes, Kenner, and Stout family histories, 1995 and 2000.