History research and professional genealogy
Client list includes: historians, authors (print and web), historical societies (including the Texas Supreme Court Historical Society), nonprofit organizations, filmmakers, private investigators, lawyers, and individuals (including one client for 14 years), 1993-present.
Voices of the Violet Crown oral history project, 2007-2011. Interviewer/co-producer.
Friends of Brentwood Park oral history project, 2010-2011. Interviewer/co-producer.
Texas Association of Counties Past Presidents’ Oral History Project, 2009. Interviewer/co-producer.
• We Planted 115 Trees, 2011. Co-producer/co-editor.
• A Community Mosaic, 2008 and 2010. Scriptwriter/co-producer/co-editor.
• More Voices of the Violet Crown, 2009. Co-producer/co-editor.
• First Night W/ Domino & Friends, 2006. Co-producer/co-editor.
• Mr. Rube, forthcoming. Editor/designer.
• Jim and Cora Dial: From Altamont to Aztec, 2008. Editor/designer.
• Miss Emma, 2006. Editor/designer.
• From Abercrombie to the Violet Crown, history exhibit and booklet, 2003-2010. Researcher/writer/designer.
• Julius Franklin Howell, historical multimedia presentation, 2005. Researcher/writer/designer/audio compiler.
• The Bodacious Women, historical multimedia presentation, 2003. Researcher/writer/designer/audio compiler.
Mary Faye Barnes Award for Excellence in Community History Projects, Texas Oral History Association, 2009 (with Rob Burneson).
Association of Professional Genealogists, Oral History Association, Story Circle Network, Texas Oral History Association, Texas State Genealogical Society.
• Presenter (with Rob Burneson), Southwest Research Institute Genealogy Group, 2013.
• Member, Leadership Team, Friends of Brentwood Park, 2010-2012.
• Judge; Oral History Documentary Award; Texas History Day; 2009, 2011, and 2012.
• Member, Executive Committee, Crestview Neighborhood Association, 2010-2011.
• Member, Newsletter Committee, Crestview Neighborhood Association, 2008-2011.
• Co-founder and event volunteer, Violet Crown Festival, 2003-2010.
• Founding board member, Project ClayPlay, 2007-2009.
• Founding board member, Violet Crown Community Works, 2003-2007.
• Silent auction volunteer, Empty Bowl Project, 1997-2007.
• Member, Review Board, City of Austin Grant for Technology Opportunities, 2004.
• Family reunion organizer; Pillers/Kenner families, 2000; Stout/Campbell/Smith families, 1998; Winkel/Schuessler/Vaughn families, 1995, 1997, and 2000.
• Researcher and writer; Campbell and Stout family histories, 2000; Haynes, Kenner, and Stout family histories, 1995 and 2000.