History research and professional genealogy
Client list includes: historians, authors (print and web), historical societies (including the Texas Supreme Court Historical Society), nonprofit organizations, filmmakers, private investigators, lawyers, developers, and individuals (including one client for 16 years), 1993-present.
• Voices of the Violet Crown oral history project, 2007-2011. Interviewer/co-producer.
• Friends of Brentwood Park oral history project, 2010-2011. Interviewer/co-producer.
• Texas Association of Counties Past Presidents’ Oral History Project, 2009. Interviewer/co-producer.
• Mr. Rube, forthcoming. Editor/designer.
• Jim and Cora Dial: From Altamont to Aztec, 2008. Editor/designer.
• Miss Emma, 2006. Editor/designer.
• From Abercrombie to the Violet Crown, history exhibit and booklet, 2003-2015. Researcher/writer/designer.
• Julius Franklin Howell, historical multimedia presentation, 2005. Researcher/writer/designer/audio compiler.
• The Bodacious Women, historical multimedia presentation, 2003. Researcher/writer/designer/audio compiler.
Crestview Neighborhood Association, 2008-present; Association of Professional Genealogists, Oral History Association, Society of American Archivists Oral History Section, Texas State Genealogical Society, Inc., and Story Circle Network, 2012; Texas Oral History Association, 2010; and Austin American-Statesman, 2009.
Mary Faye Barnes Award for Excellence in Community History Projects, Texas Oral History Association, 2009 (with Rob Burneson).
Association of Professional Genealogists, Texas Oral History Association.
• Presenter (with Rob Burneson), Thomas Baker Slick Memorial Library, Southwest Research Institute, 2013.
• Webmaster, Friends of Brentwood Park, 2012-2013.
• Member, Leadership Team, Friends of Brentwood Park, 2010-2012.
• Judge; Oral History Documentary Award; Texas History Day; 2009, 2011, and 2012.
• Member, Executive Committee, Crestview Neighborhood Association, 2010-2011.
• Member, Newsletter Committee, Crestview Neighborhood Association, 2008-2011.
• Co-founder and event volunteer, Violet Crown Festival, 2003-2010.
• Founding board member, Project ClayPlay, 2007-2009.
• Founding board member, Violet Crown Community Works, 2003-2007.
• Silent auction volunteer, Empty Bowl Project, 1997-2007.
• Member, Review Board, City of Austin Grant for Technology Opportunities Program, 2004.
• Family reunion organizer; Burneson/Schuessler/Vaughn/Winkel families, 1995, 1997, and 2000;
Campbell/Smith/Stout families, 1998; Pillers/Kenner families, 2000.
• Researcher and writer; Campbell and Stout family histories, 2000; Haynes, Kenner, and Stout family histories, 1995 and 2000.